TransMagic uses Flexera licensing; Flexera licensing is cloud-based, and a single, permanent Activation ID can be used for all users.
Here are the instructions on how to get up and running on TransMagic R14:
1. If you haven't already, download the latest version of R14. At the time of this writing, you can find both the latest version of R12 as well as R14 on this page. IF you are a subscription customer, or a perpetual customer still under maintenance, you can download and install R14. If you are a perpetual customer with elapsed maintenance, you will want to stay on R12 or contact an account rep about getting back on maintenance if you want to move to R14 : https://transmagic.com/download
2. Once the download is complete, the method of install depends on if you are a user with Administrative Rights, or a System Admin installing for one of your users.
3. If you are a user with Administrative Rights, just double-click the exe and follow the installation instructions. If you have an earlier version of TransMagic installed, make sure that TransMagic is not running.
4. If you are a System Administrator installing for one of your users, you must log in as the user, since TransMagic licenses are tied to each user; then right-click the exe and select Run As Administrator from the right-button menu (and enter your administrative info as necessary).
5. Start TransMagic and then select "Customer License Activation" and click "OK".
6. Copy and Paste your Activation ID in the Registration window.
Your Activation ID is: (You will be given an alpha-numeric string of characters)
NOTES: If you have problems connecting to the server, make sure your firewall has white-listed this URL: http://transmagic.flexnetoperations.com/ . Flexera Cloud also requires port 80 and port 443 to be open for license activation.
We also have the capability of providing offline activation IDs for machines that must remain disconnected from the Internet. Let us know at license@TransMagic.com, and we can send you instructions.
If for some reason you are unable to install R14, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you previously were running R12 and now cannot get R14 to run, one solution is to run a Clean Uninstall of R12 before installing R14. Here is a link to Clean Uninstall instructions. Once you have uninstalled R12, you can then try again to install R14.