TransMagic R12 SP2 (R13) Release Notes
XCGM: The native CATIA CGM geometry kernel format is now supported. All versions of TransMagic can read. Read/Write*.
- VDA-FS: A legacy German standard geometry exchange format is now supported. Read/Write*.
New format version support & functionality*
- ACIS 2019 1.0 (R29)
CATIA V5/V6 R2019
- CATIA V6 R2019x
- Inventor 2020
- SOLIDWORKS 2019
DWG 2019 -Added a new Read Free Edges option to the DWG reader. DWG can often contain massive quantities of free edges which are many times not desired. Having the ability to disable the reading of these free edges can greatly improve the read performance when these massive quantities of free edges exist and are not needed.
- DXF 2019
- NX 12.0
- Solid Edge ST11
NGRAIN 5.0 - NGRAIN now supports Voxels Per Meter which allows voxel density to remain static relative to a Per Meter unit of measurement.
3D PDF 2018 SP2 - 3D PDF output now supports the same Show or Hide state in TransMagic. 3D PDF support has also now been upgraded to show individual face color rendering; previously, only body color was supported.
Available in TransMagic Expert - Assembly Cuts
TransMagic Expert has a new feature called Assembly Cuts that can access assembly level operations stored in a CAD file. The Assembly Cuts feature is currently available on CREO v4 and 5 files.
Assembly level operations are very difficult to interpret without the native application. These operations may affect multiple parts in an assembly. TransMagic reads in the assembly file, along with the cutting geometry shape, and then, using Boolean operations, will apply the assembly level operation to the geometry, cutting through multiple parts.
- Assembly Cuts are commonly used for mold designs, weldments and many other design elements. This new feature can have a significant impact on productivityby saving time by not having to manually apply cutting operations to each part. Along with this new capability, TransMagic will save cutting tool bodies as parts and generate names based on the containing assembly.
Available in all TransMagic Products
New License System:
To make TransMagic more usable in diverse environments, including sites disconnected from the Internet, we have implemented an industry standard licensing technology which supports 'cloud' licensing as well as off-line licensing. This new system will make TransMagic easier to update and manage for end-users and network administrators.
New License Features of TransMagic:
- Pause Network Activation Auto Transfer – This allows users with Network licenses to pause the return of a license so they can keep the license on that computer when disconnected from the Network. Typical use would be to take a laptop on a trip or take it home.
TransMagic License Settings – There is a new program utility launchable from the TransMagic Program group named TransMagic License Settings, which allows the end-user to see all the license properties and also, in the case of a network license, who is currently using a license.
New Undo Feature: All versions of TransMagic R12 SP2 have a new Undo feature, allowing you to more easily retrace your steps when you encounter problems or decide to use a different approach. Click the Undo button on Operations Toolbar or use Windows standard shortcut, CTRL+Z.
Versioning Metadata: TransMagic now records the CAD file type and version of your CAD files as a User Defined Attribute in the Assembly Browser. Knowing the file format type and version can be useful when exchanging CAD files with your customers or planning downstream CAD applications.
Assembly Search Directories: When you are dealing with assemblies that have multiple parts that are spread across your network, you can now add search directories to TransMagic Settings, optimizing file management for CAD administrators and end-users.
Editable Material Library: TransMagic R12 SP2 has new tools, to edit or add materials. The new material library can be edited by adding to or removing materials from TMMaterialInfo.xml file, which is located in the C:\Users\Public\documents\TransMagic\Settings folder. Material properties can be selected for each part using the ‘Material’ node in the Assembly Browser. Any materials added or removed will be reflected in the list in this dialog.
New Bounding Geometry: The Bounding Box feature, now includes the Bounding Box, Bounding Sphere and Bounding Cylinder shapes. Bounding Sphere and Bounding Cylinder shapes can facilitate material stock size determination for milling and turning machine operations. Bounding Sphere and Bounding Cylinder. These shapes, particularly cylinder for turning operations, are very useful for calculating various stock sizes.
Enhancements to TransMagic Add-ons
TransMagic MagicHeal Add-on Enhancements:
Detect and Repair Non-Manifold Geometry - MagicHeal now detects non-manifold conditions and highlights the non-manifold edges or vertices. Once a non-manifold condition is found, MagicHeal can resolve the issue automatically. Because non-manifold geometry can hinder normal CAD workflows, detection and resolution provide clear advantages.
Show Non-Manifold Geometry: This function highlights in CYAN any non-manifold edges and vertices while it renders any geometry directly adjacent to them in WHITE to make finding them easier in the case of large files.
Unhook Non-Manifold Geometry: This function will automatically disconnect non-manifold edges which will result in one or more of the following entity types: Body, Sheet or Wire-Frame. Non-Manifold Vertices cannot technically be separated from the rest of the body like edges. In the case of Non-Manifold vertices, the Show Non-Manifold function becomes the most valuable function as the user can easily find the faces adjacent to the Non-Manifold vertex and then manually unhook them or by delete the face with embedded vertex and re-covering the face, thus resolving the condition.
Set Guide Curves: A new tool in MagicHeal called Set Guide, allows you to set guide curves to control the shape of the MagicSurface, as required to pass through these guide curves.
TransMagic MagicBatch Add-on:
Error Handling: MagicBatch R12 SP2 now recovers automatically from file errors that terminate an individual file translation. MagicBatch will log the error and move on to the next file in the queue. This means that when you batch process multiple CAD translations unattended, the batch process will not be terminated by one bad file.
TransMagic MagicCheck Add-on
Multi-Core Support: MagicCheck now has Multi-Core Support with improves speed. MagicCheck validation and revision algorithms have been enhanced to use multiple processor cores on your computer. This can mean up to a 40% performance increase in the file comparison process
Other Miscellaneous Enhancements in R12 SP2
- Performance Boost: Assembly hierarchy & geometry refresh have been given a performance boost. Also, the progress meter has a new circular 0-360 style.
- Always Zoom to Selection applies to PMI: If Always Zoom to Selection is checked in the Assembly Browser, it will now also apply to PMI notes.
- Default Name: When a user Selects, then Exports a single body, part or sub-assembly, that entity name will be the default name in the Save As window.
- Assembly-Level-Geometry: A new feature in this release will detect assemblies with “assembly-level-geometry” and save that geometry. When saved out to formats that do not support assembly-level-geometry, the assembly-level-geometry will be saved as a new part and will be inserted into a multi-body part. The part name will end with the suffix “_AssemblyLevelGeometry” so that the end-user can easily identify this ‘new part.’
- Material Properties Display: The Material Properties window will display in the same Units as the application setting. In previous versions, the Units displayed in the Assembly Browser were Metric units.
- New Rename with Indexing function: In the Assembly Browser, right-click on the top-level assembly node, and select Rename with Indexing. This function will then proceed to rename all parts the same name as specified, but also append an index number serially to all of the renamed sub-assemblies, parts and bodies. This index number starts with a default of 0 but the user can specify any number for the start number.
- 3D Rotation Hot Keys: Use Shift+[arrow] for 90-degree rotation, CTRL+[arrow] for pan, ALT+[arrow] for axial rotation. All these shortcuts are useful during Repair operations if you don't have a 3D mouse.
- Orient View to Face option: A new Orient View to Face option is available by selecting a face and right clicking - then select one of the four directions.
- Reverse Mouse Wheel Zoom: This also helps for the zoom to feel as expected when using TransMagic on a Windows tablet as well. This option is in Settings under the Application > General tab.
- Improved Performance and Progress Meter: Assembly Hierarchy and Geometry refresh performance has been improved. New 0-360 degree style progress meter during these refreshes.
*All TransMagic core products can read all listed formats. TransMagic SUPERVIEW only writes polygonal and voxel formats, TransMagic PRO adds the capability to write neutral CAD formats such as Parasolid, ACIS, STEP and IGES, and TransMagic EXPERT adds the capability to write native CAD formats such as CATPart, CATProduct, JT and DWG. See a complete listing of supported formats at https://transmagic.com/cad-formats/.