This is a known issue with TransMagic R7 and will be resolved with TransMagic R8. However, the issue is related to a graphics card driver and the work-around is very simple:
- Start TransMagic Click File->Settings, the “Appearance” page will be the default.
- Find the section labeled “Rendering Options” and switch your “Driver” pull-down from “OpenGL” to “Direct3D”:
- Click “OK” and then “OK” again.
- You might also want to shut-down and re-start TransMagic to make sure the settings get saved to the Windows Registry.
- Now re-load the file that caused the crash before.