For whatever reason the Inventor toolkit we use does not yet give us the ability to input names into Inventor. They are there in TransMagic and we do support them when possible – it’s just that the Inventor toolkit doesn’t. So the work-around for this would be to read the assembly into TransMagic, save as a STEP file and then import the STEP file into Inventor. The Inventor STEP reader supports names.
Articles in this section
- Six Reasons to Avoid IGES Files
- Running Powerpack for Inventor with Inventor 2022 or 2023
- Solidworks finds face errors on models that get TransMagic green light
- Three Alternatives to IGES
- How do I configure TransMagic to save an IGES file that can be read into almost any application?
- What are the output formats from 3D StudioMax?
- How do I create .png, .gif, or .jpeg image files?
- Does TransMagic support Edrawings?
- Can I convert from a dra or drw file?
- My CAD or CAM system cannot read an IGES file saved from TransMagic.