TransMagic COMMAND can simultaneously translate to any supported 3D CAD or polygonal format for entire engineering and design departments. Drop one or a thousand files into a folder and instantly your models are in one or a dozen formats of your choosing; with COMMAND, waiting for someone to translate your key files is a thing of the past.
The COMMAND interface is more than just a command line translator, it is one of the most powerful, flexible and easy to use Engineering Data Exchange applications in the world. TransMagic COMMAND offers the following benefits:
- Callable from any programming language that can run a Windows executable such as C#, VB, HTML, Python, C++, LISP, etc., etc., etc.
- Any supported CAD/CAM/CAE/Viz format in, all supported formats out in one single command.
- Automated and staged geometric Repair.
- TransMagic Lite and Full Repair can be run successively.
- Simple yet powerful PLM/PDM centric outputs such as:
- 3D HTML View. This is a full 3D viewer that is launchable in Internet Explorer by loading a simple *.html file. This includes standard 3D viewing controls pan, zoom, rotate, window and more. It also includes advanced controls such as background color, shadows, shaded view, wireframe view and hidden line view. Users can even export additional 3D Viz files from this viewer.
- HTML View Example:
- Advanced image output. This includes PDF, TIFF, EMF & PS. Image size and resolution can be specified to provide high-res images or simple thumbnails.
- PDF View and 256x256 Thumbnail Example:
- All of these formats can be output with the engineering data in one single command.
- Advanced Progress Control:
- A Standard progress control is displayed by default.
- See the GUI skinning options to change the progress meter style.
- Or serial progress file is output to the %temp% directory that follows the naming convention: <filename>.prog
- If you are implementing a server process or have some other interface such as an HTML dashboard, etc. where actual progress dialogs don't apply you can always ping this progress file and update your own progress interface.
- Advanced GUI Options Interface. This is one of the most significant features of TransMagic COMMAND. TransMagic's industry knowledge is captured in it's default translator settings (flavors) and these successfully and continually address the majority of all user cases. However, sometimes these options need to be adjusted for one reason or another. Instead of implementing the hundreds of potential translator options yourself you can send in the simple command: TMCmd -optiondlg
- This launched the TransMagic Options Dialog which is a very high-level sophisticated option setting interface which enables your users to tweak the options settings saving you untold development effort:
- Of course as TransMagic adds new translators and options, this dialog will always reflect these changes.
- See the GUI skinning options to change the options dialog style.
TM Command is currently being used to add "File --> Open" capabilities within third party software products like AshlarVellum, VX, Dimensional Control Systems and SolidWorks.