Here is a summary of our Server installation for TransMagic. Please read through all steps before initiating the process:
- Download and install the Workgroup License Administrator onto the machine designated as the Server. This install is available here: https://transmagic.com/download-prerequisites/
- During the installation process, you may be prompted with messages to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package, SP1, and MS VC++ 2010 Redistributable Package, as well as SP1. This should be automatic so I am merely mentioning it.
- Launch the TM License Manager (which is what you just installed). The interface should look like the screenshot below:
- Click on Register License Key. This should generate a Reference Code which you can then input in the slot provided. The License Key is usually generated within an hour or so as long as the key is requested during business hours. The reference code can be sent toLicense@Transmagic.com for a license key.
- If you are using a port other than 8080, input it and update it with the textbox and buttons provided.
You should be done with the TransMagic License Manager at this point.
Then, install the TransMagic clients on the machines of your choosing (based on the number your license agreement specifies) by following these steps. Make sure that you choose the correct version of TransMagic based on the machine type – if it is a 32 bit machine, install the 32 bit version (only goes up to R10.15), and if it is a 64 bit machine, install the 64 bit version of TransMagic (which goes up to R10.16). Also keep in mind that though TransMagic will run on XP, it is not supported for XP, since even Microsoft and many of our partners do not support XP. There are special rules for installing on XP machines which are on the downloads page:
- Download and install the latest version of TransMagic (R10 sp1.6 as of this writing) from here: https://transmagic.com/download-prerequisites/
- During the installation process, make sure to choose Workgroup, rather than Standalone.
- Once installation is complete, launch TransMagic.
- TransMagic should request a Server IP Address and Port; respond by entering the Server IP Address or Machine Name, and entering the Port value for the server. If the Port is incorrect, the connection will not be established, and the client will not be able to acquire a license to run.